Sunday 1 April 2012

BEDA 1: Uh-Oh Spaghetti-O

The girl who hasn't blogged in over a year is going to attempt Blog Every Day in April. Smart move right? I do not have a clue what is possessing me to blog every day in this month of fools but I am going to give it a go. The problem is I don't love writing anymore. I don't find the same joy as I used to in putting down my thoughts on paper anymore, partly because I don't feel like I really have anything that interesting or different to say and partly because I'm no longer arrogant enough to think that anything I've written is any good. Long gone are the days where I thought that my writing would take me on a pretty short journey into the lands of 'proffessional writer' now I just see I was a 15 year old with big dreams and access to a blog. Now I'm in my mid twenties...with access to a blog.

The fact that I'm in my mid twenties is depressing and wonderful all at the same time. That 15 year old with the block colour blog would have been absolutely horrified to find that I'm working a 9-5 job with no prospects and shock horror no real purpose. I always dreamed of 'making a difference' and never just 'blending in' but now I look back at those sentiments and can't help but mock the very innocent 15 year old me. She never knew any better. I might do a blog to 15 year old me, god help me I'm going to need help getting through these next 30 days when I can't even concentrate long enough to read a magazine.

Being 25 has it's good point, I'm at a place in my life where I'm a little more settled and stable than I was. 10 years have certainly changed things when it comes to my mental state. I am no longer quite so inclined towards melancholy prose and third person suicide narratives. Now I tend to think more about the world that am in rather than only seeing what's in my small little bubble.

I like politics and I like Harry Potter, which is on now so I'm going to watch it. See, attention span erased!
Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment