Saturday 7 April 2012

Beda 7: On the fields of anfield road

I am awful with technology. Today I have managed to break the second mouse button on my laptop. The click button had already broken but that was ok because I could use the touchpad, now I've broken the right click which means no copy and paste, no open in another tab and it is driving me mad. I have broken roughly four iphones, had one phone stolen out of my hand, sent an ipod touch swimming in my bag and broke my laptop so badly that I've had to pay £160 to get it fixed. It's like technology is allergic to me.

Anyway apart from breaking my laptop today I went and watched the Liverpool match in the pub. I don't normally watch the match in the pub as I can't stand back seat managers shouting their orders out to a team thats never going to hear but it wasn't on our tv channels (we have all but one...it was on that one). I've loved Liverpool since I was little, my family is a big footballing family and when I met Liam one of the first things I asked him was where his allegences fall, on the red side or the blue (no other team even crossed my mind...horrifying to find out at one point he was a Man united fan). It been difficult over the last couple of seasons, things haven't gone as well as we would like and it's often things off the pitch that are taking centre stage. The reputation of the club has definitely taken a beating this season and that makes me sad. People have long memories for the rubbish the papers sprout about Liverpool and it makes me sad that this season will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. I'll never stop loving Liverpool, I know some people are so frustrated at the moment and some of them are giving up and that's their choice but I could never imagine saying that's it.

I'm red until I die.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

No comments:

Post a Comment